JOJOBA OIL - Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) is a botanical extract of the seed of the jojoba tree (Simmondsia Chinenis).
Benefits of Jojoba Oil
- Provides all day moisturization - jojoba oil doesn't evaporate like water based moisturizers can.
- It is theorized, but not yet proven, that because jojoba oil is so similar to human skin oil, it can "trick" the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil and thus balance oil production.
- Very stable - jojoba oil does not become rancid or lost antioxidants even after long periods of storage.
- Spreads well and absorbs well.
- The organic variety is free of pesticides, GMO's and is sustainably farmed.
Drawbacks of Jojoba Oil
- Can be somewhat expensive, especially when organic.
- At high amounts - over 10 drops - it can lend a shine to the skin. You may want to be conservative with it during the day (6 drops at a time). Conservative usage should actually balance oil production and reduce shine. At night before bed, feel free to go for it.
*The above information was found HERE.